Aurifil Thread - Dark Carmine Red (2460) - 50wt 1422yd
Aurifil Thread Dark Carmine Red
Aurifil has been a long time favorite among quilters, and is considered to be the best cotton thread you can use on your quilts.
- Premium 50wt 100% Egyptian Cotton Thread.
- Created in Milan, Italy, it undergoes a rigorous 15 step process to ensure strength, color and quality.
- Oeko-Tex certified, free of harmful chemicals.
- 50wt is a fantastic choice for quilting because it sinks into the fabrics, creating the perfect amount of definition without being overbearing, allowing the piecing to be the star of the show!
- Need to match it up? Pick up an Aurifil Color Card today!
- Machine Quilting
- Longarm Quilting
- Machine Appliqué
- Hand Appliqué
- Machine Piecing
- Hand Piecing
- Machine Embroidery
- Bobbin lace & Machine lace.
- thread wax
- hand piecing
- cotton threads
The thread is 100% cotton, very fine. It is excellent for appliqué and many other uses. The thread has one problem, and it is not uncommon for other 50 wt cotton threads, ...the end can tangle, causing a knot. I keep scissors handy and keep snipping off the tail every so often to keep thread moving smoothly along. You can also use thread wax...or “no static” spray. I love how it disappears for applique and is my favourite for hand piecing...enjoy! So glad DinkyDoo has it in stock..thank you!