Moda has a great new contest for you to check out this year, full of great prizes and a great set of Moda Bella Solids colours to work with!
We love Bella Solids here at Dinkydoo. It has a wonderful feel, and the range of colours is gorgeous. You also know (and can feel safe) in choosing Bella, because the dye lots are always accurate. You never have to worry about colours in the same SKU not matching if you run out and need to finish your project, even many months down the road!
But we digress.. on to the contest!
Bella Solids is turning 15 years old, so to celebrate, Moda is hosting a challenge with some great prizes!
The contest is open from February 1, 2017 to September 12, 2017 (A digital picture of the quilt must be received by Sept.12. The winners will be announced on October 20, 2017.
- Quilts must have a contemporary feel.
- You can only use the Bella Solids below, and a piece of each must be used!
- Bella Solids Black (9900-99)
- Bella Solids Lead (9900-283)
- Bella Solids Silver (9900-183)
- Bella Solids Yellow (9900-24)
- Bella Solids Graphite (9900-202)
- Bella Solids Summerhouse Lime (9900-173)
- Bella Solids Purple (9900-21)
- Bella Solids Smoke (9900-316)
- Bella Solids Mango (9900-222)
- Bella Solids Amelia Blue (9900-167)
- Bella Solids Betty's Red (9900-123)
- Bella Solids White Bleached (9900-98)
- Any type of piecing, quilting, embroidery can be used.
- Quilts must measure 72" x 90"
- Quilts must be an original design.
- Quilts must be quilted! No quilt tops will be accepted.
- Quilt must be labelled with the creator's name, city and contact info.
- The 3 winning quilts will become property of Moda Fabrics.
- No limit to the number of entries, and International entries are accepted too!
Update as of 02/08/2017
As per Moda, all 12 colours must be used, but they don't all have to be on the front of the quilt! That's great news to hear, as it should open up the possibilities a bit :)
- 1st Place: $5,000
- 2nd Place: $3,000
- 3rd Place: $2,000
Moda will be contacting the winners on October 20th! The winning quilts will be on display at the Moda booth during Fall Quilt Market 2017!
How can I apply?
Head over to the Moda blog for full contest rules and details, as well as the application by clicking here.
Happy creating everyone! Good luck with the contest, and happy sewing! :) ~Alicia