Fil-Tec Essence Thread - Clear Monofilament Nylon (60345) King Spool (No.8/35 15,300yd)
Notify Me When Available
Fil-Tec Essence Thread - Clear Monofilament Nylon (60345) Mini Spool (No.8/35 15,300yd)
- Monofilament Nylon.
- King-Spool. (14,000m/15,300yd)
- Perfect for machine quilting, longarm quilting or machine embroidery.
- Once you sew it in, it vanishes away into your fabric.
- Use Essence on top or in your bobbin for a variety of quilting & embroidery applications, including machine beadwork.
- Essence is soft to the hand & very pliable.
- For overall best sewing results, use a cotton (Magna-Quilt or Clear-Quilt) ready-wound bobbin from Fil-Tec in conjunction with Essence nylon monofilament top thread.
- Avoid the highest heat setting and quilts containing nylon monofilament thread will emerge from the wash/dry cycle intact. There should be no popped or melted stitches.
- We suggest taking quilted swatches of each thread and see how applied heat affects each thread product.
- Should not use direct contact from an iron when using nylon or even polyester monofilament.
- Thread nets are suggested for creating drag and tension, and for reducing the chances of the thread dropping down to the base of the spool while getting “hung-up” or “snagged”.