Mask Filter Material (5 Yards x 20" ) - By Annies
Mask Filter Material (5 Yards x 20") from By Annie
The By Annie's Mask Filter Material is lightweight and breathable, and is top-quality filtering material - perfect for face masks.
• Non-woven spun-bond polypropylene
• 1.25 ounce per square yard (on par with most surgical masks)
• 20 inches wide
• Washing: Machine Wash/Tumble Dry
We recommend using this filter material in conjunction with tightly-woven quilting cottons for a stylish design and good quality filtration.
The Government of Canada officially recommends the following mask making procedures:
Homemade masks should:
• Be made of at least 3 layers
• Include 2 layers of a tightly woven fabric, such as cotton or linen
• Include a third (middle) layer of a filter-type fabric, such as: non-woven polypropylene fabric, which is washable a disposable filter
• If possible, use different fabrics for each side of the face covering, so you know which side faces your mouth and which side is out.
This material has a melting point of approximately 320℉. Do NOT use iron directly on the mask filter material. If you must iron your project, be sure to use a low heat setting and a pressing sheet or other heat barrier.
- filter material
- cotton masks
Works very well as a filter in the masks
I use the filter as the middle layer of masks I make. The masks are comfortable and breathable. Awesome product and great service from Dinkydoo!
Wonderful staff. Easy pick up. Love the product.
Light and very easy to sew in masks. Very comfortable to wear sewn into cotton mask