Dinkydoo Class - Retreat Bag!
The Emmaline Retreat Bag is the perfect tote for all your sewing supplies.
With its internal frame it stays open effortlessly, allowing you to see everything inside and get that seam ripper STAT! ;)
Two inner pockets store small things and a wide base makes it sturdy so it won't fall over even when full of your favourite things.
In this class we will talk about different types of interfacing, learn how to insert internal frame hardware, install zippers, and box corners for a pretty, functional bag you'll want to take to all your sewing gatherings. We'll be adding handles too, so it's easier to carry around.
This is an intermediate class; you should have sewing experience and be comfortable with your machine.
Time: 5pm - 9pm
Provided supplies included as part of the class fee:
- Heavy weight interfacing
- Bosal In R Form
- Bag Frame
- 22" zipper (Light Grey, Dark Grey, Hot Pink or Aqua)
- *Fabric not included
What you need:
- Sewing machine with regular and zipper feet
- Rotary cutter, mat, and ruler
- Marking tool such as chalk or frixion pen
- Thread to match all fabrics
- 1/2 yard exterior fabric
- 3/4 yard lining (inner pockets will be made of this too but cutting instructions are below if you want to mix up your prints)
If you want to be a superstar you can pre-cut your fabrics, you will need 2 rectangles 18 1/2x12 for the outside, and 2 rectangles 18 1/2x12 for the lining. 2 squares for the pockets are 8x8 and will be folded in half.
*Please note, there are no refunds if you can't make the class, although you may substitute in a friend.